Admissions under NRI Ward Category
* ‘NRI’: Non Resident Indian as per the definition given in the section 6 of the Income Tax Act 1961.
* ‘NRI Candidate’ means a candidate who is a child/ward of the person who has the ‘NRI status’ as defined under section 6 of the Income Tax Act.
For the session 2016-17, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has extended the approval to admit Children of NRI Students up to 5% within the Sanctioned Intake Quota in following branches:
|NRI Ward Quota||FN/ PIO / Children of Gulf NRI|
|4||Electronics Design Technology||30||02||5|
|6||Computer Science & Engineering||60||03||9|
|8||Electronics & Communication Engineering||60||03||9|
|10||Electronics Engineering (Second Shift)||60||03||-|
|11||Electronics & Communication Engineering (Second Shift)||60||03||-|
|12||Computer Science & Engineering (2nd Shift)||60||03||-|
|13||Civil Engineering (2nd Shift)||60||03||-|
|14||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||60||03||9|
|15||Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Second Shift)||60||03||-|
|16||Master in Computer Applications (MCA)||60||03||-|
|17||Master in Computer Applications (MCA) (Second Shift)||60||03||-|
|18||M.Tech Computer Science & Engg||24||01||-|
|20||M.Tech Structural Engg||18||01||-|
|21||M.Tech Industrial Engg||18||01||-|
|22||M.Tech Power Electronics and Power Systems||18||01||-|
|23||M.Tech Geotechnical Engineering (Part Time)||15||01||-|
|24||M.Tech Heat Power Engineering||24||01||-|
Eligibility criteria for NRI candidates:
* Admissions to First Year B.E.: Candidate should have passed the HSSC (Std.XII) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and secured minimum 50% marks i.e. not less than 150 marks out of 300 marks in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics added together.
* The eligibility of the candidates passing the HSSC (Std. XII) equivalent examination from a school/college/Examination Board situate outside India shall be further decided by the University Authorities to which the candidate is admitted.
* The candidate belonging to this type is not required to appear for the MT-CET/JEE (Main).
Documents required for provisional admission:
- HSSC/XII Marks Sheet / “A” Level or equivalent certificate examination passed / appeared with English, Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as essential subjects.
- SSC/X Marks sheet / “O” level certificate or equivalent certificate
- Eligibility Certificate from concerned University
- School / College Leaving / Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Nationality Certificate / Citizenship Certificate
- VISA (Either working / business) of NRI / Guardian of NRI
- Employer Certificate or Salary Certificate of NRI
- Passport copy of NRI / Guardian of NRI / Passport of the Candidate
- Affidavit of Guardian of NRI (Original). Format copy can be obtained by writing a request e-mail to email@example.com
- Affidavit of Parents of NRI if Guardian is appointed (Original). Format copy can be obtained by writing a request e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transcripts, if any (applicable for Foreign Students)
- NOC From RTM, Nagpur University (applicable for Foreign Nationals / PIO / Gulf NRI candidates)
Fees & Expenses:
Following is the per year fee charged to the candidates belonging to the category of Children of NRI who will be admitted to four year degree course in the Engineering/Technology for academic year 2015-16:
Tuition + Development fee
Total Yearly Fees
Refundable Caution Money Deposit
Total amount payable at the time of admission
NRI Ward (B.E First Year)
(within sanction intake)
US $ 6000
US $ 6000 + INR 4400/-
US $ 6000 + INR 29400/-
|NRI ward (within sanctioned) M.Tech||US $ 3,000||5,000||US $ 3,000 + INR 5,000||INR 25,000||US $ 3,000 + INR 30,000|
|M.B.A||US $ 4,000||5,000||US $ 4,000 + INR 5,000||INR 25,000||US $ 4,000 + INR 30,000|
|M.C.A.||US $ 3,000||5,000||US $ 3,000 + INR 5,000||INR 25,000||US $ 3,000 + INR 30,000|
- In case of cancellation of admission under NRI-Ward/ FN/PIO/Gulf NRI category made before 30th July 2016, a proportionate monthly charges of Tuition + Development fee, will be deducted. Incase of cancellation after 30th July 2016 (i.e. probable last cutoff date of admission by DTE), no refund will be made, except for refundable caution money deposit of INR 25,000.