Admissions under NRI Ward Category
* ‘NRI’: Non Resident Indian as per the definition given in the section 6 of the Income Tax Act 1961.
* ‘NRI Candidate’ means a candidate who is a child/ward of the person who has the ‘NRI status’ as defined under section 6 of the Income Tax Act.
For the session 2022-23, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has extended the approval to admit Children of NRI Students up to 5% within the Sanctioned Intake Quota in following branches:
|Sr. No.||Category of Student||Tution + Development Fee||Exam Fees (INR)||Total Yearly Fees||Refundable Caution Money Deposit||Total Amount Payable at the time of admission|
|1.||NRI Ward (within sanction intake)||US $ 6,000||4,400||US $ 6,000 + INR 4,400||INR 25000||US $ 6,000 + INR 29,400|
|2.||Children of GUlf NRI (over and above category)||US $ 3,000||4,400||US $ 3,000 + INR 4,400||INR 25000||US $ 3,000 + INR 29,400|
|3.||FN / PIO Students (for SAARC countries) (over and above category)||US $ 2,500||4,400||US $ 2,000 + INR 4,400||INR 25000||US $ 2,500 + INR 29,400|
|4.||FN / PIO Students (for Non SAARC countries) (over and above category)||US $ 5,000||4,400||US $ 5,000 + INR 4,400||INR 25000||US $ 5,000 + INR 29,400|
|5.||NRI ward (within sanctioned) M.Tech||US $ 3,000||5,000||US $ 3,000 + INR 5,000||INR 25,000||US $ 3,000 + INR 30,000|
|6.||M.B.A||US $ 4,000||5,000||US $ 4,000 + INR 5,000||INR 25,000||US $ 4,000 + INR 30,000|
|7.||M.C.A.||US $ 3,000||5,000||US $ 3,000 + INR 5,000||INR 25,000||US $ 3,000 + INR 30,000|
Eligibility criteria for NRI candidates:
* Admissions to First Year B.E.: Candidate should have passed the HSSC (Std.XII) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and secured minimum 50% marks i.e. not less than 150 marks out of 300 marks in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics added together.
* The eligibility of the candidates passing the HSSC (Std. XII) equivalent examination from a school/college/Examination Board situate outside India shall be further decided by the University Authorities to which the candidate is admitted.
* The candidate belonging to this type is not required to appear for the MT-CET/JEE (Main).
Documents required for provisional admission:
- HSSC/XII Marks Sheet / “A” Level or equivalent certificate examination passed / appeared with English, Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as essential subjects.
- SSC/X Marks sheet / “O” level certificate or equivalent certificate
- Eligibility Certificate from concerned University
- School / College Leaving / Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Nationality Certificate / Citizenship Certificate
- VISA (Either working / business) of NRI / Guardian of NRI
- Employer Certificate or Salary Certificate of NRI
- Passport copy of NRI / Guardian of NRI / Passport of the Candidate
- Transcripts, if any (applicable for Foreign Students)
- NOC From RTM, Nagpur University (applicable for Foreign Nationals / PIO /CIWGC Gulf NRI candidates)
Equivalence Certificate from Association of Indian Universities,Delhi
(address: AIU house,16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg, New Delhi-2)
Download Application form for Equivalence Certificate
- In case of payments through NRO/NRE accounts equivalent Indian Rupee at the rate of 77 per USD.
- An additional non refundable processing fee of rupees 10,000 is to be payed while filling the Admission request form by DD in favour of Shri Ramdeobaba college of engineering and management, Nagpur.
- In case of cancellation of admission under NRI-Ward/FN/PIO/Gulf NRi Category made before 15th September, 2022 then proportionate monthly charges of Tution + Development + Other fee, will be deducted. In case of cancellation after cut-off date, no refund will be made, except refundable caution money deposit of INR 25,000.